Friday, June 13, 2008

Outtakes, Anyone?


I'm taking a brief respite from my Broadway Gems series until I can find enough clips of good quality on YouTube to discuss the remaining shows. So, in the meantime, this post will feature another topic of interest.

I've always been fascinated by outtakes. Television, live theatre, animation--the spontaneity and humor behind such moments tend to remind us of our humanity in a lighthearted manner. It's just nice to see actors have some fun with their roles, bringing a certain insouciant element to their work where other professions don't always have the luxury. The ability to have fun and laugh at yourself is crucial to every performer's well-being, and I'm always grateful when the audience is allowed a glimpse into these moments.

YouTube has a number of such outtakes from various animes. You don't have to see the show to understand the outtakes; some of the scenes I've listed here are from shows I've barely heard of.

Weiss Kreuz/Knight Hunters:








Samurai Girl:


Princess Tutu:


Berserk:


Rorouni Kenshin:


Samurai Deeper Kyo:




Midori Days (WARNING--adult language):


Negima (WARNING--adult language):


Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok:



----------------
Now playing: The Monkees - The Door into Summer
via FoxyTunes

No comments: