Friday, July 4, 2008

I Won't Wear A Thong


I'm not sure I've ever written a post heading like that...and I doubt I ever will again.

I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs is a pretty screwball comedy as it is, but someone has finally uploaded the easter eggs (on the DVDs) that featured some interesting outtakes.

The first clip actually has a cute story behind it: apparently one of the dubbing producers was worried that Crispin Freeman would sound too much like the rather frightening Alucard (from Hellsing fame) for the more mild-mannered Hibiki.

Deciding to have a little fun with that idea (and give said producer a heart attack), Crispin recorded the following:


In the next clip there isn't supposed to be any audio when the guys are talking; it's revealed later that they're talking about one of them marrying someone they don't know when they actually love another woman. But this is, apparently, what VAs do when they're bored:


There were two others, but they don't make much sense if you haven't seen the show. All this does is make me more curious to hear the infamous X-rated contest between Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum.

No comments: