Thursday, July 3, 2008

Take That, Atoli


After my last .hack post someone asked me how I could possibly sit through nearly three games worth of cutscenes and actually enjoy it. Well, first off, it's just something I do; I don't always have the time to play games I might like, and the storyline of a game is far more interesting to me than the actual gameplay semantics. I guess you could say I'm letting someone else do the work for me, so I can enjoy the parts of the game that I like to see.

Also, .hack//G.U. happened to have a cast list where I recognized roughly two out of every three voice actors. This is another activity I seem to enjoy--studying the variations in each voice and comparing them to other characters the actor's done.

Lastly, by the time the end of the second game rolled around, Sakaki did what I'm sure every player had been dying to do from the very beginning. You can find what I'm referring to in this clip, at exactly 1 minute and 42 seconds. I think it was worth sitting through all the games just to see that (although Haseo's more physical rebuke may come in a close second.) True, I could barely stand Sakaki, but if you had just seen all the cutscenes I did, you'd be cheering him on.

Finally, someone was able to tell off Atoli. Let the heavens rejoice.

On a side note, I forgot to mention that while all the .hack products have some pretty good music to accompany them, G.U. had some of the most amazing, haunting tracks I've ever heard. It fit the mood of the games perfectly. This page has a number of tracks you can preview before deciding if you want to buy the OST. Out of all the tracks, I happen to have five favorites, all of which are on the second CD. If you want to hear them, some kind person uploaded them onto YouTube. Starting with my utmost favorite:

1. Lost Resolution



2. Grima Lowe Cathedral


3. "She"


4. Endrance ~ The Best Love


5. Underworld Eldy Rue

No comments: